Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Focus on the Family has nearly 600 employees who work to achieve the mission of enriching the lives of families, engaging the culture, advocating for life and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The work is meaningful, the culture is rewarding, and the purpose is eternal.
The Digital Support Specialist position exists to provide content publishing and toolset support for the ministry. This position manages, acquires, and publishes content on a variety of digital platforms, including websites, email newsletters, blogs, podcasts, and apps. It is responsible for administering, maintaining, optimizing and supporting many of the toolsets that drive the ministry's digital platforms. This position is also an ambassador to stakeholders throughout the ministry – providing appropriate training, support and encouragement of their work with the ministry's digital properties.
- Prepares, publishes, and maintains textual and multimedia content in accordance with digital strategy, editorial calendars and coordinated marketing plans
- Oversees quality assurance of the ministry’s digital properties through periodic review, proofreading and link checking – correcting or assigning to a department stakeholder for correction as appropriate
- Assists with administration of and provides subject matter expertise for appropriate digital toolsets (e.g. Sitecore, Telligent)
- Assists with training of the ministry’s digital stakeholders, including creation and presentation of professional training curriculum and training materials
- Assists with support of the ministry's digital stakeholders, including prompt and courteous interaction with ministry employees of varying levels of technical competence
- Works closely with appropriate personnel to escalate content and technical support issues to Content Creation, Application Support or Development, as appropriate
- Provides after-hours and weekend support for content publishing and toolset support
- Assists with User Acceptance testing of development projects and tasks
- Provides advice and feedback to management regarding editorial policy, editorial user experience, site design, CMS design and toolset selection
- Evangelizes “hub and spoke” editorial philosophy and various digital toolsets inside the ministry
- Stays current with new technologies, trends and best practices
Performs other duties as assigned
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Exemplifies Ephesians 5:1-2, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children and walk in love, a Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us...”
- Pursues the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer
- Prays personally for Focus on the Family’s staff and constituents and may occasionally lead in a public prayer
- Engages in Christian ministry
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with FOF core values
- Lives with integrity derived from Biblical values and demonstrates standards of conduct that meet or exceed company and/or legal requirements
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and committed
- Avid interest in the digital sphere, especially as it relates to the key components of content delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in digital media, computer science, public relations, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with digital content management
- Knowledge of and experience in digital toolsets, including enterprise-level content management systems, community software, etc.
- Knowledge of Best Practice Standards and Accessibility
- Experience managing projects, timeframes, and planning, etc.
- Sitecore knowledge preferred
- General marketing experience helpful
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents/Gifts:
- Strong written communication skills e.g., writing/editing for digital
- Strong technical skills
- Strong visual skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Helping Families Thrive! Focus on the Family is a 501c3 Christian Non-Profit Ministry.
Colorado Springs, CO, United States