Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Focus on the Family has nearly 600 employees who work to achieve the mission of enriching the lives of families, engaging the culture, advocating for life and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The work is meaningful, the culture is rewarding, and the purpose is eternal.
What you would be a part of:
As the Sr. Business Intelligence SQL Developer, you lead the technical development of detailed reporting of ministry key performance indicators. Your work gives Focus on the Family a look into how God is using the ministry and where we can grow, develop, and excel.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Develop, test, and implement new and enhanced reports
- Define new data aggregation views by working with other ministry departments to develop and enhance the quality and presentation of operational metrics, trend analyses, and statistical models
- Lead SQL report design, development, standardization and implementation efforts as a reporting representative for multiple (5-10) ministry department
- Develop frequent customized (ad hoc) analysis and reporting solutions as required by leadership; evaluate which ad hoc reports would be good candidates for automation, and develops automated solutions
- Perform data analysis functions across large data sets, encompassing multiple key measures and long-term trend analysis
- Oversee handoff of newly develop reporting applications to other team members for ongoing support and maintenance
What makes you a good fit for the role:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- You have 5 - 7 years of prior work experience involving use of SQL programming, creation of stored procedures, data extraction, transformation, and presentation including hands-on work with SQL 2005 and 2008
- You have 5 + years of experience with enterprise reporting applications (such as Cognos, CoreMetrics, SAS, etc.) and 5+ years of experience with relational database modeling, data warehouse building, and standardized information retrieval
- You have demonstrated experience in report development to meet customer information and business needs
- You have demonstrated mastery of SQL Server 2008 and SQL Reporting Services, SSAS, SSIS experience a plus Knowledge of web data presentation using data visualization tools required Knowledge of Microsoft C#, SQL 2008 R2, and .NET 3.5 or greater preferred
- You have high attention to detail and accuracy, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, and a customer-service mindset and professional demeanor
What makes you a good fit for Focus on the Family:
- You exemplify Ephesians 5:1-2, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us...”
- You pursue the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- You are a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith
- You uphold Focus on the Family's ministry in prayer, pray personally for Focus on the Family’s staff and constituents and may occasionally lead in a public prayer
- You engage in Christian ministry and demonstrate behaviors aligned with FOF core values
This job posting serves as an overview. A complete job description will be provided prior to an interview.
Helping Families Thrive! Focus on the Family is a 501c3 Christian Non-Profit Ministry.
Colorado Springs, CO, United States