Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
The Media Services & Internet Evangelism division is the home to BGEA’s ministry production and distribution. This division includes Video Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s video programming and materials, Audio Media Services – the team that produces BGEA’s podcasts, maintains the audio sermon archives and stays connected with BGEA’s radio station (Blue Ridge Broadcasting), Digital Media Services – the team that builds and maintains BGEA’s digital offerings, including the websites, the BGEA app, BGEA’s email platform and some of the key social media platforms, Media Archive Group – the team that maintains our photo and video archives and is responsible for photography at BGEA events, and Search for Jesus – the team that leads our Internet Evangelism ministry.
We are seeking a hands-on DevOps Engineer to bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive our team’s development initiatives. To be successful, one must effectively communicate with our development team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that improve quality and efficiency in our application development.
Our technology stack is primarily built in PHP using Apache, NGINX, and MySQL databases. We containerize and deploy with Docker Swarm running on Docker EE. The responsibilities of this role include designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines for applications that incorporate standards-adherence, testing, delivery, reliability, scalability, and monitoring.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and test code continuously with scripting and programming languages
- Measure performance and environment of application with system & application log tools
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Evaluate systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide guidance and direction to development team members as needed.
- Work with development and security teams to ensure that all services are fully functional and secure at all times.
- Participate in maintaining departmental policies on best practices and quality assurance.
- Proactively perform system health monitoring and maintenance.
- Contributes to strategy of all BGEA websites as a member of Internet team
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops services to assist infrastructure deployment
- Troubleshooting/Debugging of existing application infrastructure
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Reports to Senior Wed Development Manager
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of tools like Ansible, Puppet and Jenkins Pipeline
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of micro-services and related architectures
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to focus on detail while understanding the big picture
- Ability to meet deadlines while dealing with multiple projects, despite interruptions
- Ability to change and grow with organization and job
- Ability to bring new ideas to issues current in contemporary audiences, and knowing how to implement those ideas
- Flexibility to readily adapt when job parameters, deadlines, or directions change
- Ability to work closely with others as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office environment
- Work involves participation in multiple meetings with department and other ministry staff
- Work requires ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation
- Extended work hours are occasionally required
Employees filling regular full-time positions, who are working no less than 40 hours per week, are eligible to participate in BGEA’s benefits program.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Minimum 12 days of vacation
- Ten personal days
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Statement Of Faith
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Expectations For Ministry Employment
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
- I understand that BGEA has the right and the responsibility to ensure that its Christian religious purpose is carried on with the highest standards and is not harmed or impeded by conduct that is inconsistent with the Bible, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, its Christian religious purpose, or its policies.
- I understand that any of my conduct which is not in keeping with the scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies, is inconsistent with BGEA’s Christian religious purpose.
- I understand that if my conduct is determined by BGEA to be inconsistent with its Christian religious purpose, the result will be corrective action up to and including termination from employment.
Charlotte, NC, United States