Ministry Brands is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our growing team!
Who we are
Are you looking for an opportunity where your faith and your job skills can coexist to make an impact on the world? Ministry Brands’ mission is to serve God by providing outstanding software, services, and content that connects churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations to the communities they serve. We equip over 115,000 churches in the United States and abroad with the software tools they need to administer their membership, collect and manage tithes, and expand the Gospel through technology and cutting-edge content. If you love tech and want to serve the Church community than Ministry Brands is the place for you!
Currently, we serve our clients in these key areas:
- Online Giving
- Church Management Software (ChMS)
- Website Design and Content Management
- Mobile Applications
- Finance and Accounting Software
- Background Screening
- Streaming Services
Our vision is to be the leading provider of software, services, and information platforms for churches, ministries, and those they serve.
What you'll do
The Systems Operations team is focused on supporting Ministry Brands through the delivery and support of innovative cloud hosting, primarily leveraging services from Azure and AWS. In support of this focus, the Systems Engineer is heavily engaged in the design, builds, and implementations of technology solutions in a very collaborative environment.
- Collaborate directly with peer Systems Engineering and other technical and non-technical stakeholders in the automation and operationalization of cloud-hosted solutions.
- Test and implement standards/design patterns to ensure compatibility and integration in cloud environments
- Contribute to the evolution of the software development lifecycle through technology enhancements supporting continuous delivery/continuous integration pipeline
- Test, and implement improvements and automation capabilities for data migrations, security best practices, environment builds, and operational management standards
- Collaborate with engineering resources concerning emerging cloud technologies and supporting resources.
- Support proofs of concept and projects that are leveraging cloud technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Build and maintain relationships across teams and departments
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology principles, practices, and procedures
- As a technical expert, provide guidance and make recommendations on changes required throughout the testing, automation, and implementation process
- Work with management, architects, and engineers to develop operational artifacts
- Self-manage in a way that allows flexibility to support multiple projects at any given time
- Support the deployment of a structured, standardized, and consolidated set of services that optimally support business processes and applications
Who you are
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Systems Administration experience in Enterprise Linux platforms
- 2 years Systems Administration experience in Windows Server, desired
- 2 years’ experience with Public Cloud (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Serverless) services and solutions
- 2 years experience in configuration and administration of Apache and/or Nginx web servers
- 1-year experience in configuration and administration of IIS web server, desired
- Experience supporting or developing PHP and/or ruby applications, desired, other programming languages a plus.
- Scripting capabilities (PowerShell, Python, Ruby)
- Good organizational, task, and project management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure technologies – Server (MS Windows, Linux), data store (SQL Server, MySQL), network, storage, security, and management technologies
- Experience with IT transformation - data center consolidations and migration
- ITIL (foundational level, but exposure to more detail than foundation is helpful)
- Experience working in environments meeting PCI DSS 3.x a plus
Why you'll love us
- Competitive compensation. Be fancy
- Career advancement opportunities. Because we know how awesome you are.
- Flexible PTO Policy. Because your mom misses you
- Snacks. NomNomNom
- 401(k) matching. Basically free $$$
Ministry Brands is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Lenoir City, TN, United States