World Help, a Christian humanitarian organization serving the physical and spiritual needs of impoverished communities around the world, is looking to hire a new Web Developer to build out and manage our entire web infrastructure.
Whomever is taking on this role must exhibit clear communication, showcase strong front-end and back-end development skills, and possess the ability to quickly adapt to the ever-changing environment of technology. In order to be selected for the Web Developer position, World Help is searching for a devout follower of Christ whose worldview correlates with the company’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement pre-approved and/or new ideas on UI (User-Interface) while constructing our API.
- Set up server infrastructure and manage a cart system built on Salesforce. This includes all associated areas such as database and architecture design.
- Collaborate with project teams, development teams, and clients by researching and planning to create interfaces based on user requirements, feedback, and best practices following an industry standard product development process.
- Develop prototype user experiences with wireframes.
- Create and maintain applications based on UI guidelines to ensure pages are standards-compliant, universally accessible, and cross-browser compatible.
- Convert approved designs into code as needed.
- Enhance the functionality and performance of current projects through prioritized feature development and maintenance.
- Identify new opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency, and scalability of new and existing projects.
- Work directly with backend database systems to improve upon and maintain the structural integrity and functionality of the data.
- Three or more years of experience in interactive or front-end web design.
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3, CSS Pre-compilers like SASS or LESS.
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Understanding of the user experience and how to analyze and test usability.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design and web development skills.
- Mobile and responsive design experience.
- Experience with MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to adapt to, and switch between, both old development practices and new.
- Must have a solid grasp of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Willingness to learn relevant new technologies as needed.
- Familiarity with version control (GIT, project management, and issue tracking tools)
- Strong desire to collaborate, listen, and learn.
- Familiarity with Agile.
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, React, or JQuery.
- Experience with Divibuilder
- Workable knowledge of alternative operating systems such as Linux and OSX.
- Experience with Apache2/nginx installation and configuration.
Competencies and Traits
- Communication, confidence, organization, administrative, detail-oriented, efficient, motivated, integrity, honesty, adaptation, teamwork, self-starter, information technology, troubleshooting, coding, multitasking, development.
- Full Time
- Salary (Exempt)
- Paid time off and benefits
Forest, VA, United States