The Web Developer & IT Support Technician (Developer/Technician) will be an instrumental team member for The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global’s web and IT functions.
The Gideons International In Canada | ShareWord Global (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 109-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world.
Reports to: Web & IT Manager
Term: Full time
- Create, improve, and maintain the websites and systems of the organization
- Responsible for development and testing of web and information technology services and systems as well as general IT support across the organization.
- Ensure the organization’s technology is in alignment with departmental objectives, and will assist in advising the organization on technology and how it can help them better perform.
- Responsible for web and related system design, development, testing, and maintenance, while providing a high level of support to end users.
- Assists in the identification, selection, and deployments of appropriate technology resources that will support the entity’s goals and objectives.
- Ongoing IT function of the organization & customer service
- Assist in development and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices; and train employees on same.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Intermediate overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures.
- Intermediate knowledge of web design/application principles and tools.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and with customers
- Strong analytical, logic/problem solving, execution, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in web development and API integrations using technologies such as PHP, AJAX, HTML, CSS, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with the deployment and administration of website CMS frameworks such as Joomla and WordPress are an asset
- Knowledge of non-profit sector and/or Blackbaud products is an asset
- Adapt quickly to change
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Guelph, ON, Canada