Austin Disaster Relief Network is looking for a full time Ruby on Rails developer to perform development, maintenance and support of ADRN support systems. These systems provide a critical link between ADRN staff, volunteers and survivors, ensuring we are providing appropriate services to survivors of disasters in an efficient and timely manner. The systems also serve as a portal for volunteer opportunities, training courses and critical updates in times of disaster. We are looking for an individual with a creative spirit, an eye for design and knowledge of back end database systems and infrastructure to drive us forward in the design and capabilities of these systems. Bring your creativity, your ability and drive to help us serve those impacted by disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect & Develop new functionality for existing systems using Ruby on Rails
- Maintenance, enhancements & bug fixing of existing systems
- Provide support & training to ADRN staff and other supported Disaster Relief Networks (DRNs) using the ADRN systems
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- 2+ years working with Ruby on Rails
- Possess a working knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Linux and Amazon services
- Strong ability to collaborate with stakeholders on needs analysis, testing, acceptance and troubleshooting
- The ability to quote development time accurately & meet deadlines
- Completed or working toward an advanced degree related to software development
- Full Time Exempt - onsite
Organizational Expectations of Staff
- Follow organizational policy, procedures and practice culture of honor within one another
- Communicates clearly with peers, co-workers, and team members.
- Sets the tone on reliability, attendance, high performance standards and what it means to be a Ready Christian, emotionally, spiritually and physically to all volunteers.
- Spends minimally one planned, full day per month, away from the office, seeking God’s face for direction, guidance, support and relief for role. Spends time in the word and prayer with God for spiritual instruction, growth and rest.
- Attends all of ADRN’s emotional, spiritual and physical trainings to understand the depth of what ADRN offers churches and volunteers.
ADRN has a reputation for conducting its ministry and activities with integrity and in accordance with the highest ethical and Biblical standards. All employees of ADRN must be committed to the Lord Jesus Christ, in accordance with the Bible and with ADRN’s Statement of Faith. The authority for making determination of these standards for ADRN shall be the Board of Directors working in consultation with the Executive Director, applying their interpretation of the standards set forth in the Bible.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter along with a portfolio link or relevant work examples to HR@adrntx.org
Austin, TX, United States