We are looking for two developers to join our team at Breeze! Can you test, build, and scale large scale applications? Do you want to be challenged every day to come up with amazing solutions to problems and be part of a team that shapes the product and architecture?
How Our Development Team Works
We’re a distributed fully remote development team, working across multiple US-based timezones. We follow an agile approach to our planning and work, including:
- Sprint planning/estimations
- Pair programming via Zoom & Slack
- Code reviews
- Weekly Show and Tell
We strive to build quality into every change that we make and as such our team uses TDD and Travis for continuous integration. Security is also a #1 priority so we run periodic security scans on our application to ensure that our users are protected.
What We Are Looking For
You’ll need experience in modern PHP practices (via Laravel, Symfony etc), Git workflows, working with GitHub and real-world PHP and React testing experience (PHPUnit/Enzyme/Jest).
- Required Qualifications:
- Experience in building RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing solutions in React
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Critical thinker
- Embody the culture values at Breeze
- Minimum 1+ years experience in React
- Minimum 3+ years experience in working with PHP (Preferably in Laravel)
- Love to experiment with the latest technologies and teach us about it
- Take responsibility for the end product.
- Build high-quality solutions using TDD and automated testing
- Experience with Git & GitHub
- Some experience working with CodeIgniter
- US-based and legally able to work full time in the US. Sponsorships not available.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science
- Infrastructure management experience
Our Tech Stack
The latest stack is:
- Laravel (RESTful API)
- React / React Native
- Bootstrap 4
- GitHub Pull Request
- Travis CI build process
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL and PHP) in production (and LEMP via Docker in development)
Who is Breeze?
We are a cloud-based software company making Church Software Simple. We strive, with everything we do, to be the world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches. Breeze is used by more than six thousand churches to organize people, track giving, manage events and more.
Breeze’s Core Values
These are the core values that we try to embody every day, as we interact with our customers and with each other. These are also the core values that we look for when hiring new people!
- Hustle | Your drive and tenacity to get things done is unstoppable. You struggle sleeping when projects are half-finished. You can’t focus on anything else when you haven’t completed a task. You’ll do whatever it takes to cross the finish line.
- Resourceful | When you don’t know an answer, you know how to find it. When there’s not a solution, you make a solution. You have the creativity it takes to find a way to get the job done.
- Social Savant | You’re great with people. You can empathize and connect with them on a relational level. Your emotional intelligence is spot on, allowing you to know exactly when to open your mouth and when to close it and simply open your ears.
- Servant- Minded | Your focus is on making others successful. You're not worried about who gets the credit. You're humble and able to admit and take responsibility when you drop the ball, learning from the experience to improve next time.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and participation in company 401K.
US-based and legally able to work full time in the US. Sponsorships not available.